Bakelite Bowl Close To Ceiling Light
These vintage style Bakelite Bowl Close To Ceiling Lights are a superb light fixture for low ceilings. A minimalistic metal batten batten holder allows the closest possible affixing of a shade to a ceiling. The Bakelite shades are manufactured here in Australia using the original moulds and machinery. This type of Bakelite light shade was traditionally used in general stores all over Australia. The genuine Bakelite shades will surely be a talking point with their warm Australiana charm. A great little light to use in home lighting, café lighting or any room looking to add some classic vintage styling. Available only at Fat Shack Vintage!
- Vintage Australian charm
- Genuine Bakelite shade from original moulds of the 1930's
- For where a hanging pendant is not suitable
- Ideal for low ceilings
- Brass lamp holder and ceiling plate in two finishes
- Shades available in many colours
About the Bakelite Bowl Close To Ceiling Light:
- The batten holders allows the closest possible affixing of shades to a ceiling meaning they are ideal for low ceilings.
- The brass metal plate and lamp holder are available in an antique bronze or matt black finish to suit most decors.
- The metal batten holder plate is 65mm in diameter and the measurement from the plate to the bottom of the lamp holder is 45mm.
- Available in a range of seven colours; black, green, red, mottled brown, mottled green, mottled red and white. All available from the drop down menu.
- The shades are 155mm in diameter and 70mm high.
- These shades are also available as a Bakelite Bowl Pendant Light to allow continuity between rooms.
- The lamp holder has a removable lamp shade ring and takes a standard bayonet (B22) bulb. Max 40W.
Bulb Quantity required
Delivery & Returns
Fat Shack Vintage proudly delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in-between – if you live in Australia, we’ll get it to you!
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from the date of purchase. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please contact us for the current stock on hand level.
- For a shipping quote, simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout, where you can enter your postcode in the shipping rate calculator. We’ll calculate the shipping price for you, and this price will be displayed as part of the order total.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.