Please check any product on receipt to determine if it is damaged. If a product is damaged on delivery, then you can refuse to take receipt of that product and notify our Customer Service department. If you notice damage to a Product after delivery or there is a problem with your order, you need to notify us in writing with all details of the damage/problem within 14 days of delivery. If you are reporting damage to an item/s you have already taken delivery of, you may be directed by our Customer Service department to take the item/s to an Australia Post Office to lodge an insured Item ‘Damage Claim’. In this circumstance any further activities cannot progress until we are provided with the Damaged Claim lodgement number. Failure to do as instructed will negate any claim on Fat Shack Vintage. In the case of damaged goods we will refund or replace the product at our discretion.
If you wish to return a Product that is not damaged and that was provided to you under these terms and conditions, then you may return it for a full refund less the cost of freight within 60 days unless the product listing specifically states that an item cannot be returned. In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back. Unwanted items must be returned to us unopened and unused in their full, original, undamaged packaging. We recommend paying for insurance and tracking to ensure your return arrives safely and is covered in case of loss. We reserve the right to refuse refund or charge a 20% restocking fee at our sole discretion. If the buyer chooses to have the goods returned, then the cost of doing so will be at the buyer's expense. Returns will be processed within 14 days of receipt. All special order items cannot be returned or exchanged.
You must provide us with the invoice we issued to you for your order to make a claim under this clause. If you fail to do so, then we may not provide you with a refund. We will not refund the Delivery Fee where the Products have been delivered to you.
Once we have received a returned Product and a refund is due, we will process that refund back to the payment method used when placing the order. Refunds to credit cards can take up to 30 days to appear on your statement. No returns are permitted on customised, special order items or sale items. Please note we cannot accept in person returns.
Please note that once products are installed they cannot be returned for a change of mind refund or exchange, and any returns based on damage to the product must be brought to our attention within 14 days as outline above. Another point to note is that products may differ from the pictures displayed due to the the natural variations of colors and finishes.
For the avoidance of doubt, any light bulb delivered that arrives in tact and in working condition but blows thereafter through use, irrespective of length of use, is not deemed a damaged product and will not be replaced or refunded unless the item listing specifically states that the product is covered by a warranty. Light bulbs are deemed a consumable item and therefore all average lifetime hours provided are averages and by no means a guarantee of life span.
Fat Shack Vintage (“FSV”) provides a 12 month, non-transferable warranty on all light fittings that have been purchased in Australia. This warranty covers the replacement or repair of any light fitting where the product fails due to defective materials or workmanship. This warranty excludes light bulbs unless specifically stated on the product listing. this warranty is subject to the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Australian Consumer Law). The benefits provided in this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law, and any other laws in relation to the products to which this warranty relates. The warranty period commences from the date that goods are received for a period of 12 months. Subject to "Your Consumer Rights", but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, this warranty will not cover the following:
- Where installation was not carried out by a licensed electrician as required.
- Products not installed in accordance with the product’s installation instructions or specifications.
- Products not used in accordance with the instructions for use or specifications.
- Defect, damage or failure to a product resulting from misuse, accident, neglect, abuse, tampering, modifications or unauthorised repairs of any kind by any person.
- Damages not caused by a fault in the product materials or workmanship.
- Defect, damage or failure to a product resulting from any acts of God, including damages from lightning, power grid fluctuations, or power surges.
- Replacement of light sources (globes, fluorescent tubes, etc) unless specified.
- Power supply “noise”, intermittent “humming” or other influences from mains power delivery infrastructure. Signals sent through the power grid by the electricity provider for the control of off peak hot water, street lights and other devices may cause an intermittent humming noise in your product. Filters for blocking/reducing such signals are available in Australia at the customer's expense. These noises do not indicate the product is faulty.
- Damage caused by alternative power systems (for example: solar inverters, etc.).
- Water damage of any kind caused by inappropriate placement of fittings not IP rated for that location.
- Where the product does not perform to the expectation of a user but it does perform to its published features and specifications.
- Non-structural corrosion damage of components such as surface rust or minor rust.
- Liability for consequential loss or claims for damage to furniture, carpets, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other event either directly or indirectly resulting from a faulty product or accessory to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Freight, call-out fees, labour and other items associated with making a claim under this warranty.
FSV Customer Service must be notified in writing of any defect within 14 days of the defect. You must provide the following information upon notification of the defect:
- Your name; and
- Order delivery address; and
- Your phone number; and
- Product details; and
- Details of the defect claimed
- If the item could not be successfully installed by the licensed installing electrician, a fault-finding report from the electrician detailing the defect; or
- If the item was successfully installed and the defect is being reported after the installation has been completed and the item has been in use, a certificate of compliance for the installation (as required by law from the installing electrician). If an electrician has attended site to diagnose the fault, a fault-finding report from the electrician detailing the defect.
Once notification of a defect is received by FSV, a representative will help determine whether your warranty claim is valid, and if it is, will inform you of how we will honour it. You may be required to provide FSV with:
- Photographic evidence of the defect;
- A written explanation of the defect;
- Details of the defect over the phone with FSV Customer Service.
During the process, FSV Customer Service may, before providing the warranty service, require that you respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential faults and follow their procedures for obtaining the Warranty.
FSV reserves the right to determine at its discretion whether a fitting / component has failed due to a defect or wear and tear. FSV, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace items that failed structurally during normal use and with regular maintenance.
This Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the products and where they remain in Australia for the life of the product. You cannot assign or transfer any benefit conferred by this warranty. All subsequent purchasers acquire the products ‘as is’ and without the protection of the warranty.