Bakelite Bowl Pendant Light
These vintage style pendant lights have a warm, nostalgic look and ooze plenty of Australian charm. These type of Bakelite light shades were traditionally used by flower growers as the shades are able to withstand high wattage globes without melting when strung over fields or hung in green houses. They were also sold to general stores all over the country so are a real reminder of vintage Australiana. These Bakelite pendant lights are available in an array of colours and come with either a white or black braided cord to finishes off that vintage charm. These genuine Bakelite pendant lights are a great light to use in the kitchen, dining or bedroom, as well as adding retro ambience to breweries, bars or restaurants.
- Vintage Australian charm
- Genuine Bakelite shade from original moulds of the 1930's
- Bakelite shades are available in an array of colours
- 1.8 metre pendant cord in black or white
About the Bakelite Bowl Pendant Light:
- The textile cloth cord pendants have a simple and classic design and have a 1.8 metre drop from ceiling.
- They pendant cords come are available in black or white.
- The wooden mounting block pictured can be purchased separately here. Select the 10cm version for this fitting.
- The Bakelite shades available in a range of colours; black, green, red, mottled brown, mottled green, mottled red and white. All available from the drop down menu.
- They are genuine Bakelite and are made here in Australia using the original moulds and machinery of the 1930's.
- The lamp holder takes a standard bayonet (B22) bulb. Max 60W.
- These Bakelite bowl shades are also available as a Bakelite Bowl Close to Ceiling Light to allow continuity between rooms.
Wall Mount Plate (diameter)
Cord Suspension Length
Bulb Quantity required
Cloth Cord type
Delivery & Returns
Fat Shack Vintage proudly delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in-between – if you live in Australia, we’ll get it to you!
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from date of purchase. If not in stock, current lead time is approximately 7-14 business days from order date. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please call us for the current stock on hand level.
- For a shipping quote, simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout, where you can enter your postcode in the shipping rate calculator. We’ll calculate the shipping price for you, and this price will be displayed as part of the order total.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.