Engine Room Hanging Light - Porcelain Enamel Shade
This engine room light features a tear drop industrial style well glass with black cage housing and a porcelain enamel shade. Porcelain enamel has been applied to the steel shade, resulting in a smooth, glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner. An attractive industrial look for modern home or Australian beach style commercial interiors. Available only at Fat Shack Vintage!
- Industrial-nautical style pendant
- Teardrop shaped well glass encased in a black cage
- Chain suspension with protruding twisted cord
- Weather resistant with an IP44 rating
- Ideal for beach interior schemes or commercial lighting project
About the Engine Room Hanging Light - Porcelain Enamel Shade:
- Shade is made from steel so you can be assured of its quality. It measures 360mm in diameter and 90mm high.
- Porcelain enamel has been applied to the steel shade. The application of this is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Porcelain enamel has been widely used in industry since the Industrial Revolution.
- Black metal cage.
- Teardrop shaped well glass houses the light bulb.
- Measurement - 160mm in diameter across the widest part and 350mm high to the pulley.
- The side entry chain suspension cord has a maximum drop of 1.6 metres from the ceiling to the bottom of the shade.
- Chain suspension with black protruding twisted cloth cord. Supplied with black chain.
- The ceiling rose is 120mm in diameter and 45mm in height (not including the cord grip).
- The wooden mounting block pictured can be purchased separately here. Select the 12cm version from the drop down menu for this fitting.
- It has an IP44 rating, meaning it is suitable for sheltered outdoor and bathroom usage.
- Lampholder takes an E27 screw-in light bulb. Max 60W. It will not fit a light bulb bigger than 80mm in diameter.
- Our porcelain enamel shades use these same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. By the nature of the complex process, shades may have varying degrees of minor surface imperfections such as chips, cracks and textural variations. These types of imperfections are exactly the same as those imperfections you might find in much loved vintage shades that used exactly the same method of enamelling. They add to the shades character and appeal and are not considered defects.
- This outdoor light is suitable for indoor use as well.
- Also available as a hanging light with no shade for continuity between rooms if so desired.
Wall Mount Plate (diameter)
Cord Suspension Length
Bulb Quantity required
Cloth Cord type
Delivery & Returns
Fat Shack Vintage proudly delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in-between – if you live in Australia, we’ll get it to you!
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from the date of purchase. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please contact us for the current stock on hand level.
- For a shipping quote, simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout, where you can enter your postcode in the shipping rate calculator. We’ll calculate the shipping price for you, and this price will be displayed as part of the order total.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.