Engine Room Hanging Light - Porcelain Enamel Shade
Product Code: P294-TWS-BLK-SHA
This engine room light features a tear drop industrial style well glass with black cage housing and a porcelain enamel shade. Porcelain enamel has been applied to the steel shade, resulting in a smooth, glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner. An attractive industrial look for modern home or Australian beach style interiors. Also available as a hanging light with non shade for continuity between rooms if so desired. Available only at Fat Shack Vintage!
- Industrial-nautical style pendant
- Teardrop shaped well glass encased in a black cage
- Chain suspension with protruding twisted cord
- Maximum drop of 1.6 metres
- Give this pendant a vintage feel by adding a wooden mounting block
- Ideal for beach interior schemes or commercial lighting projects
- Standard Australian E27 screw in fitting
About the hanging light:
- Shade is made from steel so you can be assured of its quality. It measures 360mm in diameter and 90mm high.
- Porcelain enamel has been applied to the steel shade. The application of this is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Porcelain enamel has been widely used in industry since the Industrial Revolution. It was popular not only for its attractive appearance but also for its resistance to corrosion and weathering.
- Black metal cage.
- Teardrop shaped well glass houses the light bulb.
- Measurement - 160mm in diameter across the widest part and 350mm high to the pulley.
- The side entry chain suspension cord has a maximum drop of 1.6 metres from the ceiling to the bottom of the shade.
- Chain suspension with black protruding twisted cloth cord. Supplied with both nickel and black chain for your preference.
- The ceiling rose is 120mm in diameter and 45mm in height (not including the cord grip).
- Add the wooden mounting block for a vintage feel. Select the 12cm version for this light.
- Lampholder takes an E27 screw-in light bulb. Max 60W. It will not fit a light bulb bigger than 80mm in diameter.
- 240V. 50 MHz.
- Our porcelain enamel shades use these same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. By the nature of the complex process, shades may have varying degrees of minor surface imperfections such as chips, cracks and textural variations. These types of imperfections are exactly the same as those imperfections you might find in much loved vintage shades that used exactly the same method of enameling. They add to the shades character and appeal and are not considered defects.
Fat Shack Vintage delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in between… if you live in Australia we’ll get it to you.
- For a delivery quote, just select your desired products and proceed to the checkout where you will be able to enter your delivery postcode. It will then calculate the shipping price for your order based on your postcode and the items in your basket before you need to go ahead with the order and enter any personal details.
- All in stock items will be dispatched from our Melbourne warehouse within 2 business days from receipt of payment. Typical delivery times after dispatch are:
* Melbourne - 2-3 business days
* Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide - 4-5 business days
* Brisbane, Tasmania – 5-6 business days
* Darwin, Perth - Approximately 6-7 business days
- For all areas outside these metro locations please allow an additional 1-3 business days.
- All orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
- Pickups and inspections are available at our Melbourne showroom / warehouse in Melbourne by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange. For large / bulky orders, please contact us directly for a quotation of postage costs.
We provide a 30 day return policy on all items purchased from our website. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and packaging within 30 days for a full refund less freight.
Please contact us so we know to expect it and return the items to the following address:
Fat Shack Vintage
2 Age Street
Cheltenham, VIC 3192
If any items arrive damaged then please notify us within 14 days of delivery. We will of course replace / refund any damaged items at no additional cost to you.
For more info please see our FAQ's.
Please Note: this listing is for the Engine Room Hanging Light - Porcelain Enamel Shade only. The light bulbs shown in the pictures are for illustration purposes only.
Fat Shack Vintage sells a range of light globes online, please see these items if you are interested in any of them.