Washington Batten Light
This Washington Batten Light instantly adds vintage charm to a room and is perfect for areas where a pendant light is not suitable. Its handblown opal glass shade comes in three sizes and includes hand painted stripe styles for added flair. Popular in the 1920s, this schoolhouse shade is a beautiful reproduction of the classic lighting style found throughout public buildings of the time. Paired with a batten holder that comes in three finish options to offer a versatile selection, it is ideal for cafés, restaurants, homes or offices looking to inject some timeless character. Available only at Fat Shack Vintage!
- Vintage style lighting from the 1920s
- Ideal for low ceilings
- Hand blown glass shades in three sizes
- Small size includes hand painted stripe styles
- Batten holder in three finish options
- Takes one bayonet (B22) bulb
About the Washington Batten Light:
- The batten holder allows shades to be fitted as close to the ceiling as possible.
- The small and medium shades will fit a max bulb diameter of 75mm while the large shade will fit a max bulb diameter of 125mm.
- The shades are hand blown glass. Bubbles, lines, slight surface imperfections or discolouration are characteristics of all hand blown glass. They are not considered flaws or defects.
- The glass shade is fitted to the batten holder with a matching gallery, except for the gold/brass batten holder which is paired with a black gallery.
- The wooden mounting blocks pictured are not included but can be purchased separately here. Select the 10cm version from the drop down menu for this fitting.
- The lampholder has a removable lamp shade ring and takes a standard bayonet (B22) bulb. Max 40W.
Wall Mount/ Ceiling Rose
Bulb Quantity required
Delivery & Returns
Fat Shack Vintage proudly delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in-between – if you live in Australia, we’ll get it to you!
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from the date of purchase. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please contact us for the current stock on hand level.
- For a shipping quote, simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout, where you can enter your postcode in the shipping rate calculator. We’ll calculate the shipping price for you, and this price will be displayed as part of the order total.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.
- KYKerry Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 starsYesterdayA great find!
I really love my new light. I bought it to work alongside an antique deco ‘skyscraper’ light with black lines. I’d definitely recommend this beauty. The box was cool too!