Smokehouse Wall Light
Product Code: W186-BLK
This smokehouse wall light is a mix of classic design, robust materials and traditional techniques. It makes a stylish alternative to coach lights for any front entrance or back porch. It features an x-large steel wall sconce with a steel shade. Porcelain enamel has been applied to this large shade, resulting in a smooth, glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner. Fitting for any farmhouse decor or rustic outdoor area.
The application of porcelain enamel is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Our porcelain enamel shades use the same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. Porcelain enamel has been widely used in industry since the Industrial Revolution. It was popular not only for its attractive appearance but also for its resistance to corrosion and weathering.
- Oversized gooseneck wall light
- Robust steel shade with glossy black outer and contrasting white inner
- IP22 rating so can be used indoors or in a protected outdoor area
- Give this pendant a vintage feel by adding an old style wooden mounting block
- Standard E27 screw in fitting
About the outdoor wall light:
- Robust, quality steel shade. Not lightweight aluminium like many modern day copies.
- The shade is 450mm in diameter and 160mm high.
- It has a projection of 340mm from the wall to the middle of the shade.
- The x-large wall sconce is made of solid steel with a matt black finish and gooseneck arm.
- The total height of the wall light including gooseneck is 370mm.
- The metal wall plate is 113mm in diameter. The wooden mounting block shown in the pictures is not included. It can be purchased separately from here. Select the 12cm version from the drop down menu for this fitting.
- It uses a screw in E27 lampholder (max 60W). It does not take a light bulb larger than 80mm in diameter.
- The application of porcelain enamel is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Firstly a thin layer of glass/ceramic is applied to the steel shade. It is a complex mixture of many materials which is best described simply as “powdered glass”. Before application, the powder is encapsulated in a chemical compound that allows it to hold an electrical charge during application. An electrostatic gun then fires the dry powder onto the electrically earthed steel shade; electrical forces bind the charged powder to the shade and it adheres. The shades are then passed through a furnace to experience long periods of stable high temperatures. This converts the adhering powder into a continuous glass layer. It is a complex process with many variables. This is the main reason why it is not widely used today as manufacturers prefer to use much simpler finishing methods using paint.
- Our porcelain enamel shades use these same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. By the nature of the complex process, shades may have varying degrees of minor surface imperfections such as chips, cracks and textural variations. These types of imperfections are exactly the same as those imperfections you might find in much loved vintage shades that used exactly the same method of enameling. They add to the shades character and appeal and are not considered defects.
Fat Shack Vintage delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in between… if you live in Australia we’ll get it to you
- For a delivery quote, just select your desired products and proceed to the checkout where you will be able to enter your delivery postcode. It will then calculate the shipping price for your order based on your postcode and the items in your basket before you need to go ahead with the order and enter any personal details.
- All in stock items will be dispatched from our Melbourne warehouse within 2 business days from receipt of payment. Typical delivery times after dispatch are:
* Melbourne - 2-3 business days
* Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide - 4-5 business days
* Brisbane, Tasmania – 5-6 business days
* Darwin, Perth - Approximately 6-7 business days
- For all areas outside these metro locations please allow an additional 1-3 business days.
- All orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
- Pickups and inspections are available at our Melbourne showroom / warehouse in Melbourne by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange. For large / bulky orders, please contact us directly for a quotation of postage costs.
We provide a 30 day return policy on all items purchased from our website. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and packaging within 30 days for a full refund less freight.
Please contact us so we know to expect it and return the items to the following address:
Fat Shack Vintage
2 Age Street
Cheltenham, VIC 3192
If any items arrive damaged then please notify us within 14 days of delivery. We will of course replace / refund any damaged items at no additional cost to you.
For more info please see our FAQ's.
Please Note: this listing is for the Smokehouse Wall Light only. The light bulbs shown in the pictures are for illustration purposes only.
Fat Shack Vintage sells a range of light bulbs so please see these items if you are interested in any of them.