Large Industrial Scissor Light
Product Code: P339
Robust, sturdy and large, this industrial scissor light has the wow factor that will instantly transform a space with some good old industrial flair. It aims to impress! Porcelain enamel has been applied to the quality steel shade, resulting in a smooth, glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner. Porcelain enamel has been widely used in industry since the Industrial Revolution. It was popular not only for its attractive appearance but also for its resistance to corrosion and weathering.
The application of porcelain enamel is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Our porcelain enamel shades use the same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. This mix of robust design, traditional techniques and sleek style make this large black pendant light impressive. It makes a striking dining room accent, kitchen feature or living room installment to any modern or contemporary décor.
- Robust tiltable steel shade with porcelain enamel finish
- Glossy black outer with contrasting white inner
- Large scissor arm with twisted cloth cord
- Maximum drop of 2.3 metres
- Standard Australian E27 screw in fitting
- Give this pendant a vintage feel by adding an old style wooden mounting block
- Ideal for hanging over kitchen islands, tables, bars and other hospitality fitouts
About the black industrial light:
- Robust, quality steel shade with tilt feature. Not lightweight aluminium like many modern day copies.
- The glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner shade is 520mm in diameter and 240mm high to the top of the shade.
- The maximum drop of the scissor pendant light from ceiling to bottom of shade is 2.3 metres. The minimum drop is 880mm.
- This is a heavy robust fixture so it will need a suitable ceiling structure/ mounting position to take the weight of it.
- The black metal ceiling plate measures 110mm in length, 60mm in width and is 5mm thick. It comes with four dynabolts.
- The ceiling rose is 120mm in diameter and 45mm in height (not including the cord grip). The wooden mounting block shown in the pictures is not included. It can be purchased separately from here. Select the 12cm version from the drop down menu for this fitting.
- It is equipped with a screw in E27 lamp holder (max 60W).
- The application of porcelain enamel is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Firstly a thin layer of glass/ceramic is applied to the steel shade. It is a complex mixture of many materials which is best described simply as “powdered glass”. Before application, the powder is encapsulated in a chemical compound that allows it to hold an electrical charge during application. An electrostatic gun then fires the dry powder onto the electrically earthed steel shade; electrical forces bind the charged powder to the shade and it adheres. The shades are then passed through a furnace to experience long periods of stable high temperatures. This converts the adhering powder into a continuous glass layer. It is a complex process with many variables. This is the main reason why it is not widely used today as manufacturers prefer to use much simpler finishing methods using paint.
- Our porcelain enamel shades use these same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. By the nature of the complex process, shades may have varying degrees of minor surface imperfections such as chips, cracks and textural variations. These types of imperfections are exactly the same as those imperfections you might find in much loved vintage shades that used exactly the same method of enameling. They add to the shades character and appeal and are not considered defects.
Fat Shack Vintage delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in between… if you live in Australia we’ll get it to you
- For a delivery quote, just select your desired products and proceed to the checkout where you will be able to enter your delivery postcode. It will then calculate the shipping price for your order based on your postcode and the items in your basket before you need to go ahead with the order and enter any personal details.
- All in stock items will be dispatched from our Melbourne warehouse within 2 business days from receipt of payment. Typical delivery times after dispatch are:
* Melbourne - 2-3 business days
* Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide - 4-5 business days
* Brisbane, Tasmania – 5-6 business days
* Darwin, Perth - Approximately 6-7 business days
- For all areas outside these metro locations please allow an additional 1-3 business days.
- All orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
- Pickups and inspections are available at our Melbourne showroom / warehouse in Melbourne by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange. For large / bulky orders, please contact us directly for a quotation of postage costs.
We provide a 30 day return policy on all items purchased from our website. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and packaging within 30 days for a full refund less freight.
Please contact us so we know to expect it and return the items to the following address:
Fat Shack Vintage
2 Age Street
Cheltenham, VIC 3192
If any items arrive damaged then please notify us within 14 days of delivery. We will of course replace / refund any damaged items at no additional cost to you.
For more info please see our FAQ's.
Please Note: this listing is for the Refectory Black Pendant Light only. The light bulbs shown in the pictures are for illustration purposes only.
Fat Shack Vintage sells a range of light bulbs so please see these items if you are interested in any of them.