Flinders Schoolhouse Close to Ceiling Light
The Flinders Close to Ceiling Light is styled upon lights once found throughout the 1920s. This schoolhouse style hand blown glass shade has an opal finish and complements both traditional and modern interior decors. Complete with three finish options for its batten holder to suit a range of colour themes, this flush mount can be placed down hallways, in kitchens or in spaces with limited hanging space.
- Hand blown glass flush mount
- Shoolhouse style shade with opal finish
- Metal batten holder in three finishes
- Ideal for traditional décor
About the Flinders Close to Ceiling Light:
- The curved batten holder allows shades to be fitted as close to the ceiling as possible.
- The shade is hand blown glass with an opal finish. Bubbles, lines, slight surface imperfections or discolouration are characteristics of all hand blown glass. They are not considered flaws or defects.
- The metal batten holder comes in black, gold/brass or white finish.
- The glass shade is fitted to the batten holder with a matching gallery, except for the gold/brass batten holder which is paired with a black gallery.
- The wooden mounting block pictured are not included but can be purchased separately here. Select the 10cm version from the drop down menu for this fitting.
- Takes one standard B22 light bulb, max 40W.
Wall Mount/ Ceiling Rose
Bulb Quantity required
Delivery & Returns
Fat Shack Vintage proudly delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in-between – if you live in Australia, we’ll get it to you!
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from the date of purchase. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please contact us for the current stock on hand level.
- For a shipping quote, simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout, where you can enter your postcode in the shipping rate calculator. We’ll calculate the shipping price for you, and this price will be displayed as part of the order total.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.
- CMCarol M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 days agoSimple and elegant
Smooth glass, a lovely feature without being overbearing. Looks lovely as a powder-room light. Got the wooden backing plate and it breaks up the space between white ceiling and white light really nicely.
- NSNicole S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoFlinders schoolhouse ceiling light
This light is making a wonderful addition to our Cottage. The service was fantastic.