Festoon Lights - Outdoor String Lights with Cages
Transform your outdoor area with our festoon lights with vintage industrial style steel cages. These versatile outdoor string lights can be used for many different occasions, from garden parties, weddings, BBQ's, kids birthdays to just adding some charm to your backyard. The string lights have an IP44 rating meaning they are weather resistant and suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Create a vintage look by leaving the cages on or remove them for the classic festoon light feel.
Create a warm and inviting atmosphere for your guests by stringing these outdoor festoon lights along a fence, around trees or zig zagged to create a magical light "ceiling". Add flair to an outdoor alfresco area in a cafe or beer garden or just sit back and enjoy them in your own backyard for years to come.
- Cable fitted with a standard power point plug
- Removable steel cages with yellow nickel finish
- IP44 weatherproof rating so suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Available in 10 metres and 20 metres lengths
- Ideal party lights, or for celebrations, weddings and hospitality fitouts
- Option for the inclusion of a range of bulbs from Edison light globes, energy saving light bulbs or LED light bulbs
- Standard Australian screw-in (E27) lamp holders
These festoon string lights include options for a range of bulbs from Edison light globes, energy saving light bulbs or LED light bulbs at a discounted rate. Make your choice from the drop down menu above.
About the festoon lights:
- Your choice between 10 metres of cable with 10 hanging lamp holders or 20 metres of cable with 20 hanging lamp holders, available from the drop down menu prior to adding the item to your basket.
- The yellow steel cages are 150mm high and 110mm at the widest point.
- They open and close at the bottom and can be removed.
- These outdoor string lights have an IP44 weatherproof rating. They are suitable for both indoor or outdoor use.
- Internally fused for safety.
- Consists of standard screw in (E27) thermoplastic lamp holders permanently attached to a flexible 1.5mm² core supply cable (PVC/PVC) fitted with a plug.
- Includes weatherproof hanging lamp holders. The socket lips create a water-tight seal around the bulbs.
- The cable measurement provided is from the power plug to the end of the string. So 10 metres for example is the whole length.
- The measurement on both 10m and 20m length of string lights from the plug to the first bulb is approximately 3 metres.
- The bulb points are distanced approx. 75cm apart for the 10m string lights and 88cm apart for the 20m string lights.
- At the end of the string lights there is a approx. length of 25cm extra cable on the 10m string lights and 28cm on the 20m string lights.
- The end cap should not be used to support the weight of the string lights. We recommend using a guide wire between anchored points to support the weight.
- The hanging lamp holder has a drop of 15cm from the cord to the end of the lamp holder.
- These festoon lights are fitted with a plug to go into the electrical socket in a wall, so they do not need to be hardwired by an electrician.
- There are options in the drop down menu for the inclusion of a range of bulbs. Incandescent vintage style Edison light bulb, Quad Loop Round is a warm colour tone light and is dimmable.
- Dimmable LED bulbs: Small Clear 2W G45 (2200K – warm light), A60 Round 2W (2200K), A60 Round 4W (4W 2200K slightly brighter, warm light) and Small Opal G45 (3W 2700K – whiter brighter light).
- Non-Dimmable LED: A60 Round Tri Loop 3W (2200K).
- Other bulbs are also available for purchase separately at the standard retail rate. See our light bulb category for our entire range to add that finishing touch.
- These string light lamp holders takes a standard screw-in (E27) bulb. 25W max.
- The light bulb covers are made of glass. Bubbles, lines, slight surface defects, scratches or discolouration are characteristics of all light bulbs. These minor imperfections are not to be considered defects.
Bulb Quantity required
Delivery & Returns
Fat Shack Vintage proudly delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in-between – if you live in Australia, we’ll get it to you!
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from the date of purchase. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please contact us for the current stock on hand level.
- For a shipping quote, simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout, where you can enter your postcode in the shipping rate calculator. We’ll calculate the shipping price for you, and this price will be displayed as part of the order total.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.