Boathouse Glass Wall Light
Product Code: W117-BLK
Perfect for that modern vintage style, this boathouse glass wall light has a protective glass shade to house its light bulb and sits on a black gooseneck wall sconce. Porcelain enamel has been applied to its classic shade, resulting in a smooth, glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner. The application of porcelain enamel is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Our porcelain enamel shades use the same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear.
Porcelain enamel has been widely used in industry since the Industrial Revolution. It was popular not only for its attractive appearance but also for its resistance to corrosion and weathering. It fits well above a reading nook, porch entrance way or bathroom wall. Its timeless appeal will give your space an undeniably vintage touch.
- Mix of robust design, traditional techniques and classic style
- Quality steel shade
- Porcelain enamel glossy black outer with contrasting white inner
- Satin black gooseneck wall arm and sconce
- Mix of robust design, traditional techniques and vintage style
- Ideal in hallway entrances, hospitality fitouts and in cafe interiors
- Standard Australian E27 screw in fitting
This interior wall light takes a screw in (E27) light bulb. We recommend our vintage style quad loop round bulb for a less protruding look or our teardrop spiral LED filament bulb for that finishing touch.
About the porcelain enamel shade:
- Robust, quality steel shade. Not lightweight aluminium like many modern day copies.
- Porcelain enamel has been applied to its classic shade, resulting in a smooth, glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner. Measures 300mm in diameter and 70mm high.
- Our porcelain enamel shades use these same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. By the nature of the complex process, shades may have varying degrees of minor surface imperfections such as chips, cracks and textural variations. These types of imperfections are exactly the same as those imperfections you might find in much loved vintage shades that used exactly the same method of enameling. They add to the shades character and appeal and are not considered defects.
- Protective glass shade houses the light bulb. It measures 130mm in diameter and 200mm high.
- The application of porcelain enamel is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Firstly a thin layer of glass/ceramic is applied to the steel shade. It is a complex mixture of many materials which is best described simply as “powdered glass”. Before application, the powder is encapsulated in a chemical compound that allows it to hold an electrical charge during application. An electrostatic gun then fires the dry powder onto the electrically earthed steel shade; electrical forces bind the charged powder to the shade and it adheres. The shades are then passed through a furnace to experience long periods of stable high temperatures. This converts the adhering powder into a continuous glass layer. It is a complex process with many variables. This is the main reason why it is not widely used today as manufacturers prefer to use much simpler finishing methods using paint.
About the gooseneck wall sconce:
- Satin black gooseneck wall arm and sconce
- The wall mount plate is 130mm in diameter and 65mm high.
- The projection from the wall to the centre of the shade is 350mm.
- It is equipped with a screw in E27 lamp holder (max 60W).
Fat Shack Vintage delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in between… if you live in Australia we’ll get it to you
- For a delivery quote, just select your desired products and proceed to the checkout where you will be able to enter your delivery postcode. It will then calculate the shipping price for your order based on your postcode and the items in your basket before you need to go ahead with the order and enter any personal details.
- All in stock items will be dispatched from our Melbourne warehouse within 2 business days from receipt of payment. Typical delivery times after dispatch are:
* Melbourne - 2-3 business days
* Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide - 4-5 business days
* Brisbane, Tasmania – 5-6 business days
* Darwin, Perth - Approximately 6-7 business days
- For all areas outside these metro locations please allow an additional 1-3 business days.
- All orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
- Pickups and inspections are available at our Melbourne showroom / warehouse in Melbourne by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange. For large / bulky orders, please contact us directly for a quotation of postage costs.
We provide a 30 day return policy on all items purchased from our website. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and packaging within 30 days for a full refund less freight.
Please contact us so we know to expect it and return the items to the following address:
Fat Shack Vintage
2 Age Street
Cheltenham, VIC 3192
If any items arrive damaged then please notify us within 14 days of delivery. We will of course replace / refund any damaged items at no additional cost to you.
For more info please see our FAQ's.
Please Note: this listing is for the Boasthouse Glass Wall Light only. The light bulbs shown in the pictures are for illustration purposes only.
Fat Shack Vintage sells a range of light bulbs so please see these items if you are interested in any of them.