Boathouse Glass Wall Light
Perfect for that modern vintage style, this Boathouse Glass Wall Light has a protective glass shade to house its light bulb and sits on a black gooseneck wall sconce. Porcelain enamel has been applied to its classic steel shade, resulting in a smooth, glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner. The application of porcelain enamel is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Our porcelain enamel shades use the same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. Porcelain enamel has been widely used in industry since the Industrial Revolution. It was popular not only for its attractive appearance but also for its resistance to corrosion and weathering. It fits well above a reading nook, porch entrance way or bathroom wall. Its timeless appeal will give your space an undeniably vintage touch.
- Mix of robust design, traditional techniques and classic style
- IP44 rating, so perfect for outdoor and bathroom usage
- Porcelain enamel glossy black outer with contrasting white inner
- Satin black gooseneck wall arm and sconce
- Mix of robust design, traditional techniques and vintage style
- Ideal in hallway entrances, hospitality fitouts and in cafe interiors
- Standard Australian E27 screw in fitting
About the Boathouse Glass Wall Light:
- Robust, quality steel shade. Not lightweight aluminium like many modern day copies.
- Satin black gooseneck wall arm and sconce.
- The wall mount plate is 130mm in diameter and 65mm high.
- The projection from the wall to the centre of the shade is 350mm.
- Porcelain enamel has been applied to its classic shade, resulting in a smooth, glossy black outer finish and contrasting white inner. Measures 300mm in diameter and 70mm high.
- Our porcelain enamel shades use these same age old methods to produce shades that mirror the factory shades of yesteryear. By the nature of the complex process, shades may have varying degrees of minor surface imperfections such as chips, cracks and textural variations. These types of imperfections are exactly the same as those imperfections you might find in much loved vintage shades that used exactly the same method of enamelling. They add to the shades character and appeal and are not considered defects.
- Protective glass shade houses the light bulb. It measures 130mm in diameter and 200mm high.
- The glass shades are hand blown glass. Bubbles, lines, slight surface imperfections or discolourations are characteristics of all hand blown and hand crafted glass. They are not considered flaws or defects.
- The application of porcelain enamel is a complicated process involving many different and very technical steps. Firstly a thin layer of glass/ceramic is applied to the steel shade. It is a complex mixture of many materials which is best described simply as “powdered glass”. Before application, the powder is encapsulated in a chemical compound that allows it to hold an electrical charge during application. An electrostatic gun then fires the dry powder onto the electrically earthed steel shade; electrical forces bind the charged powder to the shade and it adheres. The shades are then passed through a furnace to experience long periods of stable high temperatures. This converts the adhering powder into a continuous glass layer. It is a complex process with many variables. This is the main reason why it is not widely used today as manufacturers prefer to use much simpler finishing methods using paint.
- The lampholder is equipped with a screw in E27 lamp holder, max 60W.
- This outdoor light is suitable for indoor use as well.
Wall Mount/ Ceiling Rose
Bulb Quantity required
Delivery & Returns
Fat Shack Vintage proudly delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in-between – if you live in Australia, we’ll get it to you!
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from the date of purchase. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please contact us for the current stock on hand level.
- For a shipping quote, simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout, where you can enter your postcode in the shipping rate calculator. We’ll calculate the shipping price for you, and this price will be displayed as part of the order total.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.
- SPSam P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars2 months agoAbove average product
I have a couple already and they last well in coastal salt air compared to similar products. Built stronger than others.