Bakelite Shade Pendant Light
Product Code: P013-BLK-BLK
These bakelite vintage reproduction industrial style pendant light shades oozes vintage charm and come with a braided textile cloth cord. They are genuine bakelite (not plastic) and are manufactured here in Australia using the original moulds and machinery of the 1930's.
This type of bakelite light shades were traditionally used by flower growers as the shades are able to withstand high wattage globes without melting when strung over fields or hung in green houses. They were also sold to general stores all over the country so are a real reminder of vintage Australiana.
- Genuine Bakelite Light Shade
- Original moulds of the 1930's
- Ideal for home or office decor
- 1.8 metre braided light cord
- Give this pendant a vintage feel by adding an old style wooden mounting block
- Standard Australian fitting
This Bakelite light takes a bayonet (B22) bulb. We recommend from our range the vintage style exposed Squirrel Cage Filament Edison Bulb or Teardrop Spiral LED Filament Bulb to add that finishing touch.
About the genuine bakelite light shade:
- Available in a range of four colours; mottled brown, black and white speckle, mottled green and black. All available from the drop down menu.
- The shades are 210mm in diametre and 70mm high.
About the Braided Cord Pendant Light Fixture
- The cord pendants have a simple and classic design and a 1.8 metre drop from ceiling.
- The ceiling rose is 100mm in diametre and 50mm in height (not including the cord grip).
- The wooden mounting block shown in the pictures is not included. It can be purchased separately from here. Select the 10cm version from the drop down menu for this fitting.
- The lampholder takes a standard bayonet (B22) bulb.
- They come with your choice of braided light cord in the plain black or white.
Fat Shack Vintage delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in between… if you live in Australia we’ll get it to you
- For a delivery quote, just select your desired products and proceed to the checkout where you will be able to enter your delivery postcode. It will then calculate the shipping price for your order based on your postcode and the items in your basket before you need to go ahead with the order and enter any personal details.
- All in stock items will be dispatched from our Melbourne warehouse within 2 business days from receipt of payment. Typical delivery times after dispatch are:
* Melbourne - 2-3 business days
* Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide - 4-5 business days
* Brisbane, Tasmania – 5-6 business days
* Darwin, Perth - Approximately 6-7 business days
- For all areas outside these metro locations please allow an additional 1-3 business days.
- All orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
- Pickups and inspections are available at our Melbourne showroom / warehouse in Melbourne by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange. For large / bulky orders, please contact us directly for a quotation of postage costs.
We provide a 30 day return policy on all items purchased from our website. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and packaging within 30 days for a full refund less freight.
Please contact us so we know to expect it and return the items to the following address:
Fat Shack Vintage
2 Age Street
Cheltenham, VIC 3192
If any items arrive damaged then please notify us within 14 days of delivery. We will of course replace / refund any damaged items at no additional cost to you.
For more info please see our FAQ's.
Please Note: this listing is for the Genuine Bakelite Pendant Light only. The light bulbs shown in the pictures are for illustration purposes only.
Fat Shack Vintage sells a range of light globes so please see these items if you are interested in any of them.