Bakelite Shade Chandelier - 9 Drop
This Bakelite Shade Chandelier 9 Drop is a stunning interpretation of vintage Australiana. Genuine Bakelite shades punctuate each of the braided pendant cords to create a magnificent boldness in any space. Bakelite was a material traditionally used in shades used by flower growers as they could withstand high wattage globes without melting when strung over fields or hung in greenhouses. Place this showstopper in your kitchen, living room or bedroom. Adjust the length of the braided cords, or hang the pendants in different spreads and be delighted with the character this pendant creates in each room. Available only at Fat Shack Vintage.
- Genuine Bakelite light shade in various colour
- Original molds of the 1930's
- Antique brass lampholders
- Three metres of black textile cloth cord in round or twist
- Pendant cords can be shortened to any length
- Ideal for home, hospitality fitouts or office décor
About the Bakelite Shade Chandelier:
- Available in a range of five colours; mottled brown, black and white speckle, mottled green, black and white. All available from the drop down menu.
- Manufactured in Australia using the original molds and machinery of the 1930’s
- The shades are 210mm in diameter and 70mm high.
- The cord pendants have a simple and classic design and a 3.2 metre drop from ceiling.
- Your choice between the black twisted or black round braided cord, available from the drop down menu.
- The ceiling rose is 200mm in diameter and 50mm in height (not including the cord grip).
- The lampholders takes a standard bayonet (B22) bulb. 60W Max.
Wall Mount/ Ceiling Rose
String Length (m)
Bulb Quantity required
Cloth Cord Option
Delivery & Returns
Fat Shack Vintage proudly delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in-between – if you live in Australia, we’ll get it to you!
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from date of purchase. If not in stock, current lead time is approximately 7-14 business days from order date. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please call us for the current stock on hand level.
- For a shipping quote, simply add the product to your cart and proceed to checkout, where you can enter your postcode in the shipping rate calculator. We’ll calculate the shipping price for you, and this price will be displayed as part of the order total.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.