Bakelite Bowl Brass Junction Light
The Bakelite Bowl Junction Light is a 4 light pendant chandelier sporting vintage Bakelite shades on a quality brass frame. Bakelite was a material traditionally used in Australian fields during the 1930’s, but can now bring a mix of modernity and old Australiana into any space with this pendant. This hand-assembled brass frame is available in seven finishes while the genuine Bakelite shades are available in six different colours, to give this light the versatility to fit any ambience and décor. For a striking centerpiece in a living room or above a dining table, it’s hard to look past this exemplary number in contemporary Australiana lighting.
- Contemporary Australiana style lighting
- Available only at Fat Shack Vintage
- Hand-assembled quality brass frame available in seven finishes
- Genuine Bakelite shade from original moulds of the 1930's
- Max drop of 1 metre with adjustable light cord
- Ideal for commercial fit outs or home lighting
- Standard Australian B22 fitting
About the Bakelite Bowl Junction Light:
- Hand-assembled, quality brass 4 light pendant fixture.
Handcrafted brass suspension frame comes in Matt Black, Antique Bronze finishes.
- The brass fittings are also available in Florentine Bronze, White and Satin Brass. Please contact us for more information on purchasing a finish if not listed in the drop down.
- There is a top section and bottom section of the quality brass frame and they are separated by a black braided cord.
- This pendant light have a maximum drop off the ceiling to the bottom of the lamp holders of 1 metre. Available in longer lengths by request.
- The black braided cord can be taken out completely to join the top and bottom section, making it a shorter option. The total height in this configuration is 690mm.
- The top section is 525mm wide (between ceiling roses), and 330mm high.
- The bottom section is 870mm wide (from horizontal lampholder to lampholder) and 350mm high (from lampholder to cord).
- The brass frame arms are not movable, they are fixed in place.
- The lamp holder takes a standard bayonet (B22) light bulb (max 60W).
- The bakelite shades available in a range of six colours; black, green, red, mottled brown, mottled green, mottled red. All available from the drop down menu.
- They are genuine bakelite and are made here in Australia using the original moulds and machinery of the 1930's.
- The shades are 155mm in diameter and 70mm high
- The lamp holders take a standard bayonet (B22) bulb.
- The bakelite bowl shades are also available with the Bakelite Bowl Pendant Chandelier.
- Please note: As this light is made to order, there is a longer lead time. See our 'delivery & returns' tab for more detail. If your order is urgent, please contact us for the current stock on hand level.
- Please note: This is a special-order item and cannot be refunded, returned or exchanged.
Cord Suspension Length
Bulb Quantity required
Cloth Cord Option
Delivery & Returns
- All in-stock items are normally dispatched from our Melbourne location within 2-3 business days from date of purchase. If not in stock, there is a longer lead time as the brass product is made to order here in Australia. This ensures the highest standards of craftsmanship and attention to detail. Current lead time to produce is approximately 4 weeks from order date. The lead time is approximate. If your order is urgent, please call us for the current stock on hand level.
- Please note: orders containing ‘made to order’ items, will be held and shipped in their entirety once all goods are available. If you wish to split your order into separate shipments, a further freight charge will apply. Please contact us for freight calculations.
- For a shipping rate quote, just select your desired products and proceed to the checkout where you will be able to enter your delivery postcode in the Shipping Rate Calculator. It will then calculate the shipping price for your order based on your postcode and the items in your basket.
- To ensure peace of mind, all FSV orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
Typical delivery times after the date of dispatch are:
- Melbourne: 2-3 business days
- Sydney: 2-3 business days
- Canberra: 3-4 business days
- Adelaide: 2-3 business days
- Brisbane: 2-5 business days
- Tasmania: 2-4 business days
- Darwin: 4-6 business days
- Perth: 4-5 business days
- For all non-metro locations, please allow an additional 1-3 business days. The wait will be worth it, we promise!
All delivery times are indicative only and subject to change and disruptions. Please see the Australia Post website for their currently published delivery times:
If your order is big and bulky, or requires express shipping, please contact us before ordering so that we can create a tailored postage quote just for you.
Click & Collect
You can click & collect your order from our Melbourne location, so shopping with us has never been easier. Simply ensure you’ve selected Click & Collect (Moorabbin) at the checkout!
We provide a 60 day return policy on all eligible items purchased from our website. *This excludes sale stock, special and custom order items - please refer to the Description tab for information*. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and with original packaging within 60 days for a refund, minus the freight cost.
In order to process your refund request, please contact us that we can know when to expect the products back and so we can provide you with Return instructions. Please note we cannot accept in person returns at our location.
Please check your order upon delivery and if required, report any damages, faults or problems within 14 days of receipt of goods.