Astor Pendant Light
Product Code: P142-BLK-LRG
This Art Deco influenced pendant light brings vintage charm to even the most modern home, cafe or shop front. The opal glass shade heralds to a period of glamour and elegance. Often used in stairwells, entries or over breakfast tables they are as popular now as they were back in the 1920's.
The small opal glass shade is hung with a braided textured cord in black or white for that vintage appeal. The large glass shade uses a black braided cord with chain for additional support. These shades are a beautiful reproduction of the classic lights which were mainly found in libraries, schools and courthouses within that era.
- 1920's reproduction of the classic light
- Opal glass shade
- Genuine bakelite gallery
- Give this pendant a vintage feel by adding an old style wooden mounting block
- Ideal for stairwells or over breakfast tables
- Standard Australian fitting
About the art deco light shade:
- Opal white glass shade.
- Hand blown shade.
- The small shade measures 150mm in diameter at the widest point and 190mm high to the gallery.
- The large shade measures 250mm in diameter at the widest point and 420mm high to the gallery and is only available with the black cord/chain.
About the braided cord pendant fixture:
- The cord pendants for the small shades have a simple and classic design and a 1.8 metre drop from ceiling. The braided light cord is available in black or white and comes with the matching bakelite gallery. Please make your selection from the drop down menu above prior to adding the item to your shopping basket.
- The ceiling rose for the small pendant is 100mm in diameter and 50mm in height (not including the cord grip).The wooden mounting block shown in the pictures is not included. It can be purchased separately from here. Select the 10cm version from the drop down menu for this fitting.
- The large shade is only available with the black chain cord and has a maximum 1.95 metre drop which is easily shortened as required. Comes complete with a metal ceiling rose that is 100mm in diameter and 150mm high including the stem. The wooden mounting block shown in the pictures is not included. It can be purchased separately from here. Select the 12cm version from the drop down menu for this fitting.
- The lamp holder takes a standard bayonet (B22) bulb.
Fat Shack Vintage delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in between… if you live in Australia we’ll get it to you.
- For a delivery quote, just select your desired products and proceed to the checkout where you will be able to enter your delivery postcode. It will then calculate the shipping price for your order based on your postcode and the items in your basket before you need to go ahead with the order and enter any personal details.
- All in stock items will be dispatched from our Melbourne warehouse within 2 business days from receipt of payment. Typical delivery times after dispatch are:
* Melbourne - 2-3 business days
* Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide - 4-5 business days
* Brisbane, Tasmania – 5-6 business days
* Darwin, Perth - Approximately 6-7 business days
- For all areas outside these metro locations please allow an additional 1-3 business days.
- All orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
- Pickups and inspections are available at our Melbourne showroom / warehouse in Melbourne by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange. For large / bulky orders, please contact us directly for a quotation of postage costs.
We provide a 30 day return policy on all items purchased from our website. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and packaging within 30 days for a full refund less freight.
Please contact us so we know to expect it and return the items to the following address:
Fat Shack Vintage
2 Age Street
Cheltenham, VIC 3192
If any items arrive damaged then please notify us within 14 days of delivery. We will of course replace / refund any damaged items at no additional cost to you.
For more info please see our FAQ's.
Please Note: this listing is for the Astor Pendant Light only. The light bulbs shown in the pictures are for illustration purposes only.
The shades are pressed glass. Bubbles, lines, slight surface defects or discolourations are characteristics of pressed glass. They are not to be considered defects.
Fat Shack Vintage sells a range of light bulbs so please see these items if you are interested in any of them.