Hobnail Glass Pendant Light
Product Code: P338
The hobnail glass pendant light is a stunning dense glass, mid century pendant. It’s got a unique glass dome shade with a black braided pendant cord fitting. It’s also a light with a truly vintage character and story; Hobnail was made popular in the early 1900’s as an art deco glass design. It was characterized by its smokey “knobbed” glass, and continued to lead the glass market when other designs failed during the great depression.
Today hobnail is revived as a hallmark of Mid Century modern décor, a trend marked by bold colours and unique accessories. It can be difficult to pick the right accessory or centerpiece for this layout, but the Hobnail is a great pendant to start, or end with. It’s finely detailed shade, means it not only has the design quirks worthy of the loudest layouts, but also carries the grace of a more minimalist style . It makes for a great multi-hang kitchen light fixture, or a charming vintage dining room pendant.
- Mid Century design with Art Deco history
- "Knobbed Glass" shade with black braided cord
- 3.3 metres braided cloth light cord
- Ideal for kitchen islands, tables and dining rooms
- Give this pendant a vintage feel by adding an old style wooden mounting block
- Standard Australian E27 fitting
About Hobnail Glass Shade:
- The Hobnail is a dense "knobbed" glass shade.
- The shade is 380mm in diameter and 150mm in high.
About the Cord Light Fixtures:
- Comes with black braided cloth light cord
- The braided cloth light cord is matt black and is 3.3 metres long which can easily be shortened to any length.
- Both options come with a black metal ceiling rose that is 100mm in diameter.
- The lamp holder takes a standard screw in (E27) bulb. Max 60w.
Fat Shack Vintage delivers Australia wide. From the tip to the tail and all the places in between… if you live in Australia we’ll get it to you
- For a delivery quote, just select your desired products and proceed to the checkout where you will be able to enter your delivery postcode. It will then calculate the shipping price for your order based on your postcode and the items in your basket before you need to go ahead with the order and enter any personal details.
- All in stock items will be dispatched from our Melbourne warehouse within 2 business days from receipt of payment. Typical delivery times after dispatch are:
* Melbourne - 2-3 business days
* Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide - 4-5 business days
* Brisbane, Tasmania – 5-6 business days
* Darwin, Perth - Approximately 6-7 business days
- For all areas outside these metro locations please allow an additional 1-3 business days.
- All orders are sent with tracking and full insurance.
- Pickups and inspections are available at our Melbourne showroom / warehouse in Melbourne by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange. For large / bulky orders, please contact us directly for a quotation of postage costs.
We provide a 30 day return policy on all items purchased from our website. If the item arrives in tip top condition but you decide that you just don’t like it anymore or have changed your mind then please return the items in original, unused, unmarked condition and packaging within 30 days for a full refund less freight.
Please contact us so we know to expect it and return the items to the following address:
Fat Shack Vintage
2 Age Street
Cheltenham, VIC 3192
If any items arrive damaged then please notify us within 14 days of delivery. We will of course replace / refund any damaged items at no additional cost to you.
For more info please see our FAQ's.
Please Note: this listing is for the Hobnail Glass Pendant Light only. The light bulbs shown in the pictures are for illustration purposes only.
The shades are pressed glass. Bubbles, lines, slight surface defects or discolourations are characteristics of pressed glass. They are not to be considered defects.
Fat Shack Vintage sells a range of light bulbs so please see these items if you are interested in any of them.